Recipes / Grains
Serving Size: 1 (173) g
Servings Per Recipe: 4
AMT. PER SERVING % DAILY VALUE
Calories from Fat 92 g 35 %
Total Fat 10.2 g 15 %
Saturated Fat 5.2 g 26 %
Cholesterol 69.1 mg 23 %
Sodium 810.4 mg 33 %
Total Carbohydrate 29 g 9 %
Dietary Fiber 7 g 27 %
Sugars 3.6 g 14 %
Protein 14.8 g 29 %
- Add salt to water and boil in a saucepan.
- Add lentils and simmer covered 25-30 minutes, until lentils are soft and most of water is evaporated.
- Remove from fire.
- Drain and partially mash lentils.
- Scrape into mixing bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir in onion, oats and cheese until mixed.
- Add egg, tomato sauce, garlic, basil, parsley, seasoning salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Spoon into loaf pan that has been generously sprayed with Pam (non-stick cooking spray) or well-greased.
- Smooth top with back of spoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30- 45 minutes until top of loaf is dry, firm and golden brown.
- Cool in pan on rack for about 10 minutes.
- Run a sharp knife around edges of pan then turn out loaf onto serving platter.